JackFruit101

Jackfruit

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Climate

The jackfruit is adapted only to humid tropical and near-tropical climates. It is sensitive to frost in its early life and cannot tolerate drought. If rainfall is deficient, the tree must be irrigated. In India, it thrives in the Himalayan foothills and from sea-level to an altitude of 5,000 ft (1,500 m) in the south. It is stated that jackfruits grown above 4,000 ft (1,200 m) are of poor quality and usable only for cooking.

6 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried Jackfruit? It looks pretty funny, but I'm sure it's delicious!!! How interesting that you were able to find out that they grow at such a high altitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I have never tried Jackfruit. I told my mom that i would like to try it and she said she would be buying me one when I was ready

    ReplyDelete
  3. ITS TERRI! NOT SAMMY, SAMMY IS HER SISTER

    ReplyDelete